Door invincibility applies to dopefish?

Request patches for Keens 4-6.
Stealthy71088

Door invincibility applies to dopefish?

Post by Stealthy71088 »

Is there by any chance an easy way to patch the invincibility that keen gets when he goes through a door to apply to the dopefish? This problem actually came up in my current project.
levellass

Post by levellass »

I don't think so given that I don't think anyone knows how DI even works.What are you trying to achieve here?
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

I may or may not have a bunch of invincible flying dopefish running around in a stealth mod/levelpack I'm designing for keen 4. Maybe.....

It's not a big deal though, I'll just have to remove those particular dopefish.
levellass

Post by levellass »

So what you want is for the Dopefish to not attack Keen under certain circumstances?

If so then allowing them to attack him when he has god mode will free up a patch that let's you trigger 'Dopefish immunity'.
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

And there's absolutely no reason for me to have god mode in this mod, so that works with me.
levellass

Post by levellass »

Ok, so there's quite a few ways we can do this then. The simplest is to make Keen unattackable while he has a certain item like the Wetsuit or a red keygem.

Alternatively Keen's exiting a doorframe can be the initiator. His invincibility can be reset when he exits the level, pogos, get bored or some other action. Or it could count down on a timer and eventually run out.

Alternatively a 'trigger sprite' could be used, giving Keen invincibility when he touches it. Again it could run out or be removed when Keen does something.