to-be Keen 4-6 editor

Utilities for editing Keen:Galaxy and Keen:Dreams levels.
z-one

Post by z-one »

This error seems too random for me to track it down, is there an original keen level that, when saved, changes the sprites? Many things can cause such problems. I don't believe that it'd be a problem in the compression code, cos only the sprites move, not the whole map. I'll try to fix it anyway, but I can't promis anything yet.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

This error seems too random for me to track it down, is there an original keen level that, when saved, changes the sprites?
No idea, haven't tried. Too tired to start a bug hunt.. I don't need a fix that much. 8]
z-one

Post by z-one »

I've tracked down and fixed that bug! Sorry for the delay but I had no time to do it. It may still have some other bugs, but nothing serious if you haven't noticed anything new. I've made progress with the editor so it is better for my own game now, but not ready yet. I'm gonna upload the fixed and hopefully final version when it's ready, in a week's time.
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Post by Ceilick »

sounds great, thanks for all the hard work :)
z-one

Post by z-one »

Sorry for the long delay. The editor is actually commanderkeen ready now, but not fully ready for my game yet. I want to upload it anyway but I was a bit busy lately, but I'm gonna do it tonight or tomorrow.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

:/anticipation
z-one

Post by z-one »

Sorry for the delay... I was lookig for another webspace 'cos I unregistered the previous one.

http://hely.fw.hu/editor/knedit099.zip
Get it while it's hot!

*edit* before I forget: you need to export your current maps with the old version and import them again with the new as I've changed the file format!
Kdash

Post by Kdash »

ok, now it asks for cg32.dll, and the only places i can find it are charging money.
z-one

Post by z-one »

Sorry for that! I've uploaded the editor again, but hopefully it won't require that dll now.
Boeing747

Post by Boeing747 »

How can I use the carma.dll in VB6?
MultiMania
Patch Master

Post by MultiMania »

Hey Boeing, Long time no see.

Grafix has taken KedFW and already integrated carma.dll into it.

Try asking him.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

And Z-1 made a Keen 4-6 editor that works quite niceley, or maybe that was Grafix, somoen over at PCKF, its good.
grafix

Post by grafix »

Grafix has taken KedFW and already integrated carma.dll into it.

Try asking him.
I wasn't aware that I'd done that! :P I did talk a bit with z-1 about trying to integrate it, but unfortunately I couldn't find the symbol names for the functions - if anyone with disassembly skills can tell me what they are I'd be very grateful!
OmniKeen

Post by OmniKeen »

This is a brilliant editor... I think there should be a separate section for this under Modding : Tools, should there not? Right now this thread is the only place it's available as far as I know (I could be wrong).