IMF Player and Commander Genius IMF Support

Tools, assembly, and file formats.
gerstrong

IMF Player and Commander Genius IMF Support

Post by gerstrong »

Hi guys,

there is a new IMF Player which can be used directly without DOS by the modders. Linux32 and 64-Bit as also Windows versions are available.

Commander Genius official IMF Support will be available at end of month. For those who wonder, it uses dbopl, the OPL Emulator used by Dosbox. It think it has the best sound.

If someone wants to test it now, just grab the latest testing version. The IMF Player has an official for now.

Here are our files:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/clonekeenplus/files/

and yes it's the same text as in PCKF, but I think for modders this one is very interesting, because you don't need any special dosapp to play them.
levellass

Post by levellass »

dosapp?

We can play IMFs in Winamp and several DOS programs (One of them written in QBASIC!) so I'm not sure what you mean...
gerstrong

Post by gerstrong »

With "dosapp" I mean dosbox basically.

Yeah Winamp and adplug can also be used I know that, but I believe it's another emulator than what we use.

Well, it's just another program, some people liked it already, because it's an executable that doesn't need winamp or dosbox.
levellass

Post by levellass »

This does look to be quite useful and evidently could be used to play both the adlib and PC sounds. It's a pity about the alrge file size or I should have liked to bundle it with Keenwave.
gerstrong

Post by gerstrong »

The Windows Version is really huge. I will check out if I can make it smaller. 10x times the linux is really much!