Change of email address for CKPatch author

CKPatch is a set of patching tools for all Keen episodes.
Admiral_Bob

Change of email address for CKPatch author

Post by Admiral_Bob »

Hey everyone,

Just letting you all know that my primary email address has changed; the one that's listed in CKPatch 0.9.0 is no longer valid.

If you have any queries, comments, suggestions, bug reports, flames, etc about CKPatch that you feel should deserve my attention, I can now be contacted at:

rodgersb at it dot net dot au

Unless you're a spambot, you should be able to decipher the above ;)

Thanks to those of you who have taken the time to provide feedback for CKPatch so far, this has all been much appreciated.

Have fun with the patching!
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Hiya, nice to see again.. This forum probably wouldn't be here without your great invention/tool, CKxPatch! :)
Admiral_Bob

Post by Admiral_Bob »

Howdy... it's been interesting reading up on what people are getting up to with CKPatch.

I originally created CKPatch two years ago just as a "proof-of-concept" program, for demonstrating that it's possible to load custom-made levels into Keen 4-6; at the time there was much debate on the 3D Realms forums about whether it was possible or not.

theoddone33and relnev had already gone to the effort of getting the Keen 4/5 levels to load up in TED5; however that wasn't going to be terribly useful to most people, as they wanted to be able to play their edited levels.

In the various hacking/programming that I'd done on my home PC over the past decade as a hobby, I had written some various DOS utilities that involved loading, modifying then executing programs; this was for stuff like password-protection/scrambling, etc. Most recent case of this was a slowdown program I tried to write a few years ago, sorta like Mo'Slo, except it didn't achieve its intended goals. I was trying to use a different method of slowing the program down, which was supposed to make the system run smoother, but it kept falling though and letting the program run loose at full speed.

As Keen 4-6 required modifying the executables to get them to accept new levels, I thought this would be a neat opportunity to try something out. And then CKPatch was born, and another stone was put in the bridge towards total Keen modding...

Well, there you go, some trivia for ya :)

P.S. Andy: would you be able to make this thread sticky, just to make it more apparent about my email address change?
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Indeed we all owe you a great debt. As such I sent your new adress to this guy who says he can get you free internet acess. All I had to do was reply innat great? ;)
Admiral_Bob

Post by Admiral_Bob »

adurdin wrote:Since Admiral Bob appears to have disappeared from the net, or is otherwise not answering his last known email address, I have taken it on myself to release this update of CKPatch.
Just letting you guys know that I'm still around, sorry about all the absence lately!

I'll be following up with some things to say within the next day or two.

My e-mail address is still the same as listed above (don't use the one in the CKPatch documentation - that one is now completely defunct).