Members list of community mod

The Commander Keen Community Mod!
Fleexy
Site Admin

Post by Fleexy »

[MAJOR BUMP]

Hi guys,

I would like to help with the next CKCM (I think the last one bit the dust). I can make really hard levels, reasonable graphics, interesting stories, and can make some small utilities. So...

If you need a boss level/hard secret level, just ask me! I come up with -- er, -- interesting mod characters. I'm sure that the communties' efforts will prevail this time.

Again, it's great being part of the CK community.

--Fleexy

[/MAJOR BUMP]
CommanderSpleen

Post by CommanderSpleen »

Classy. IMKO the original idea is still worth pursuing. What's probably needed at the moment is one person who can maintain the project as a whole while others contribute bits and pieces to it.

Anyone have a better idea on how to handle it? Maybe we can try the wiki idea that was once suggested?

Also,
Xky wrote:It won't necessarily take years, Bounder
:mortlol

Hmm... what a strange flavour of nostalgia.
Mink

Post by Mink »

I'd love to contribute. I agree with Commander Spleen; the original story/setting is a good starting point. As for maintaining it, I think a specialized wiki is the best way to go.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Yup, I'm in as well.

The german CKFS are doing their Keen Fangame with the help of their KeenWiki (Galactopedia), and I think its a neat idea, it helps to see what has been done, and what is needed.
Bonevelous

Post by Bonevelous »

I'd like to contribute with graphics somehow...
Kdash

Post by Kdash »

As usual, I offer my artistic abilities. Other than a couple graphics, though, I probably won't be able to devote any time to this. Sorry. :-(

But I'd love to see it finished one day...
levellass

Post by levellass »

I'd like to volunteer for buttock prodding duty, I can nag with the best of them. (It's a skill you learn with marriage.) and I too would like to see this done.
Grandy02

Post by Grandy02 »

I'd like to contribute, too (levels and graphics). Using the KeenWiki for documenting the progess is a good idea I think.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

I can certainly make a few levels! Perhaps something else too, who knows.
The Shifted One

Post by The Shifted One »

Maybe when I draw something not fitting for my mod Il post it here.
I can also make levels and such.

And I can also coordinate some stuff (if I wouldnt be able to I would have to find another job :P)
Scizor CT

I'm extraordinarily surprised to see new posts here.

Post by Scizor CT »

On the other hand, it appears to have been a month since anyone did anything last. Are we giving this yet another shot or what?
CommanderSpleen

Post by CommanderSpleen »

I haven't been up to maintaining the tiles lately. It's been a pretty weird month or so. Might take another shot at it soon.

In the meantime, perhaps we should figure out an outline of the themes so we have some boundaries to help guide the scenery.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

I noticed the empty month, and I planned on making another tile just when one month was over, but somehow I got carried away, too.

I guess outlines would be great. As far as I can see it, the whole tileset should be forest themed, or is there anything else planned?
Scizor CT

Post by Scizor CT »

This is the general map design I sketched out way back when, and I don't remember anyone ever arguing with it. I believe we wanted to avoid the dense deciduous forest archetype, since Keen 4 already covered it.
levellass

Post by levellass »

Good to see more work. I've been rushed off my feet around here what with swine flu panic, but I can work on anything people want, including nagging. :)