Keen entering door, underwater levs, intro screen, scroller

Completed patches for Keen4.
Shadow Master

Keen entering door, underwater levs, intro screen, scroller

Post by Shadow Master »

1. I found a patch commented out in KEEN7.PAT (Keys of Krodacia) that said "underwater levels exit normally". It doesn't work for me with KEEN4E.EXE v1.4, but I found a patch that does the same thing, but affects a different address. I'm gonna use it in my mod (well, anyway I was "crazy NOP ($90) patching" KEEN4 to find new patches for Shikadi4):

Code: Select all

#underwater level exits normally
%patch $9059 $90
2. The textmode Intro screen is located at:

#Text-mode title screen
%patchfile $1FE48 TXTMODE.CK4
If you want a template of the title screen, download the following file:
http://shadowm2006.sitesled.com/TXTMODE.CK4. It's the Shikadi4 textmode screen version 0.1, so it has my own text there. I give you an altered file so you can't be lazy and you'll be forced to edit it. :)

3. Scrolling story text:

#Scrolling Story Text
%patchfile $1EE40 SSCROLL.CK4
I didn't bring the original data with my USB disk, and I can't give you an altered version of it, so in the mean time, try to extract it from the exe by yourself.

4. And this one is for Keen's dying behaviour when entering doors of the kind that are drawn behind him.

# Keen can die if he is touched by an enemy, even if he's entering a door (SUCCESSFUL)
%patch $90A5 $90
That's all guys. I have some nice text-patches but I need to document them in order to upload them (I forgot to make a backup of the .pat file before writing my own text and zeroes ($0)).

BTW, has anybody noticed before that an address in KEEN4E.EXE is the address in CKPatch syntax + $2E00 ?? :p[/url]
levellass

Post by levellass »

Yes.

I don't understand any of those aptche at all, this will make my mod entry difficult to make.